This luscious dish and the photo belong to our friends Mike & Frances. Recipe originated in Moroccan cuisine and the source is The Australian women’s weekly magazine “Chicken”
Preparation time 25 minutes
4 x 500g spatchcocks
1 tablespoon harissa paste
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1 cup (60ml) olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 Lebanese cucumbers (260g)
150g baby rocket leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1) Rinse spatchcocks under cold water; pat dry inside and out with absorbent paper. Using kitchen scissors, cut along each side of each spatchcock’s backbone; discard backbone. Place spatchcocks, skin-side up, on board; using heel of hand, press down on breastbone to flatten spatchcock.
2) Combine paste, rind and 1 tablespoon of the oil in large bowl. Add spatchcock; rub mixture all over spatchcock.
3) Cook spatchcock on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover, cook, over low heat, about 10 minutes or until spatchcocks are cooked through.
4) Meanwhile, dry-fry spices in small frying pan, stirring, until fragrant.
Cool 10 minutes. Combine spices with yogurt and garlic in small bowl.
5) Using vegetable peeler, slice cucumber lengthways into ribbons. Combine cucumber in large bowl with rocket, juice and remaining oil.
6) Serve spatchcock with yogurt and salad.
Per serving 55.2g total fat
(15.4g saturated fat); 3043kJ (728 ca/);
Harissa; A Moroccan sauce or paste made from dried chillies, garlic oil and caraway seeds, harissa can be used as a rub for meats, a sauce or dressing ingredient, or a condiment eaten on its own. It is available in supermarkets and Middle Eastern food shops.
1 kg tüm Tavuk
1 çorba k. harissa sos
1 çorba k. zeytinyağ
1 tatlı k. limon kabuğu rendesi
Harissa sos, zeytinyağ ve limon kabuğu rendesini bir kasede karıştırıp tavuğu bu sos ile iyice ovun. Isıtılmış ızgarada 10 dakika üzeri açık 10 dakika da üzeri kapalı şekilde pişirin.