Sweet Turkish delights
This is an easy dessert. It is also healthy by comparing with other dessert, because of milk. I assure you that especially your kids will like it.
I am inspired the original recipe that belongs to “portakalagaci”
2 and ½ cups whole milk
1 Stick unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp full corn starch
1 cup sugar
Lemon or orange zest(optional)
Finely grated coconut
Finely chopped walnut
1. Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan, add flour, corn starch and roast them by stirring continuously for 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add sugar and keep mixing. Pour milk gradually, while you stir it.
3. Whisk them all evenly. You will get a mushy, consistent pudding.
4. Pour the pudding in another mixing bowl, add vanilla and beat it for at least 10 minutes. This is the secret weapon to make it not to smell like flour, otherwise the pudding might smell like roasted flour.
5. After you beat it, pop it in the refrigerator by covering it with plastic wrap for overnight at least for a few hours, so you can give it a ball shape.
6. Get a tbsp pudding and give it a ball shape. If it is sticky, you can spread a little oil in your palms.
7. When you finish all pudding, you can roll the balls in chopped nuts you like so they cover with coconut or walnut. Chill them until you serve.