1 cup jasmine rice
1/3 cup orzo pasta
1 tsp salt
2-3 tsp oil
2 cups hot water
8-10 small potatoes cut into wedges
4 medium tomatoes finely shredded
2-3 tomatoes thinly sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
2 tbsp oil
1/3 cup choped parsley
1 tbsp pepperpaste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can (8 oz 227 gr) tomato sauce
1. We will start with casserole. Put 2 tbsp oil in a medium sauce pan. Add chopped onion and sauté it for 5 minutes. Add ground beef stir to combine. Put 1 tsp salt, one tsp black pepper, chopped parsley, 1 tbsp pepper paste and stir them well. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes, turn the heat off and set aside.
2. Put shredded tomatoes in a bowl, add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, oil and 1 can tomato sauce. Mix them well. Set aside.
3. Place potato wedges in a greased baking dish. Spread the ground beef mix over potatoes. Pour tomato sauce mix evenly.
4. Place tomato slices on top of casserole. And cook in 350 F pre-heated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
pilaf with Orzo
1. Put 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1/ 3 cup orzo (pasta) and roast it until golden brown. Add washed and drained jasmine rice and salt, stir it well. Let it roast for 5 minutes and add hot water.
2. Put a lid on it and let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stir occasionally and after you make sure it soaks all the water, turn the heat off and remove the pan from heat. Let it rest for 30 minutes.