Chicken sis-kebop is one of the significant dishes in Turkish cuisine. Either you could eat it outside in a restaurant or you could cook it by yourself using grill. If you don’t have a good weather for grill, you could even cook it in the oven.
Chicken kebob with special sauce (for a charcoal grill)
2-3 pound chicken breast
a pound cocktail onions
a pound cherry tomato
2 green bell peppers
1 grated onion
1 grated garlic
1 tbsp pepper paste
or 2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp dried mint
1 tsp paprika
1. You need to boil cocktail onions to make them soft. Otherwise, while you are trying to thread them, they might break into pieces. Put 2 cups water in a sauce pan. When it comes to boil, add onions in it and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the onions and set them aside. Cut green bell peppers in small pieces as big as chickens.
3. Cut boneless and skinless breasts into small cubes for kebob and set that aside in a large bowl.
4. In a bowl, combine grated onion, garlic, pepper paste, all spices,olive oil and toss them by using your hands.
5. Pour sauce over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Alternately thread chicken, cocktail onion, cherry tomato and bell pepper leaving ¼ inch space between pieces.
7. For a charcoal grill, grill kebobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until chicken becomes tender by turning occasionally.A few hints:● Rub metal skewers with oil before threading with food to keep food from sticking; clean metal skewers well.
● Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading with food to prevent them from burning on the grill.