Last time when we got together for barbeque, one Turkish friend of mine made a delicious dessert with pudding and bananas. We all loved it and I want to share the recipe with you. Thanks again Ozgur!
5 cups whole milk
2 stick unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
½ package graham cracker
2 sliced bananas
Chopped Almonds, walnuts, coconut
A few fresh fruits you like
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, immediately add flour and stir it continuously to roast the flour for a few minutes.
2. Pour milk gradually and keep stirring to make it smooth. Five minutes later, add sugar and mix to combine.
3. When it becomes consistent, turn the heat off and remove the pan from heat.
4. Beat it for about 10 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer. Add vanilla to the pudding and keep beating it for a few minutes to combine then set that aside.
5. Place graham crackers on a cooking dish as one layer, pour half of pudding over crackers and smooth it with a spatula then place sliced bananas on top of pudding.
6. Pour left of pudding over bananas and refrigerate it for a few hours to be able to decorate.
7. Decorate it with chopped nuts and a few fresh fruits, before you slice the dessert in medium squares and serve.